You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Lionsgate Joins iTunes Digital Copy Program
Lionsgate Joins iTunes Digital Copy Program
Monday, March 10th, 2008 at 11:05 AM - by
Lionsgate announced on Monday that it is working with Apple to include iTunes Digital Copy content with select DVD titles. The move means Lionsgate will be joining 20th Century Fox in offering digital versions of movies that users can copy from commercial DVDs and Blu-ray discs to iTunes.
Rambo will be the studio's first iTunes Digital Copy offering on May 27, and The Eye will be available this summer. Lionsgate and Apple plan on offering more titles later this year.
iTunes Digital Copy versions of movies can be copied from DVD or Blu-ray disc into iTunes for playback on a computer, iPod, or iPhone. The content does include built-in copy protection to prohibit users from freely distributing the electronic versions of movies.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available