You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iPhone Dev Team Releases PwnageTool
iPhone Dev Team Releases PwnageTool
Thursday, April 3rd, 2008 at 10:50 AM - by
The iPhone Dev Team finally released its PwnageTool for the iPhone and iPod touch on Thursday. The tool for hacking the handhelds to add third-party application support was delayed for several days while the group sorted out potential legal issues.
The Mac OS X-based utility will allow iPhone and iPod touch application developers to sidestep Apple's App Store distribution system. The group also claims that the hack is essentially "Apple proof," and won't be easy for Apple to break with future software updates.
PwnageTool is free and available for download at the iPhone Dev Team Web site. A Windows version of PwnageTool is in the works, too, and should be available shortly.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available