You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: T-Mobile Offers Subsidized iPhone in Germany
T-Mobile Offers Subsidized iPhone in Germany
Friday, April 4th, 2008 at 9:50 AM - by
T-Mobile customers in Germany can get a new iPhone for only €99 thanks to a promotional deal the cell carrier is offering. The promotion marks the first time Apple's combination iPod and smart phone has been available at a subsidized price, according to Macworld.
So far T-Mobile is only offering the 8GB model at a subsidized price, and the deal is available only to customers that sign up for the company's Complete XL plan from April 7 through June 30.
CCS Insight analyst Ben Wood commented "This price cut will raise a few eyebrows, and is very interesting indeed. That could mean T-Mobile is clearing the channel for a new model."
T-Mobile, however, isn't confirming that new iPhone models are on the way. Company spokesperson Alexander Graf von Schmettow stated "You have to ask Apple about that."
Mr. Graf von Schmettow added "After a phone has been out for five months its quite normal to do sales promotions, and Apple is of course on board."
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available