You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: AT&T May be Prepping for New iPhone Launch
AT&T May be Prepping for New iPhone Launch
Wednesday, May 7th, 2008 at 11:35 AM - by
If a leaked internal email proves to be legit, AT&T is prepping for what could be a late June iPhone launch, just as it did last year. Apparently the cell carrier is suspending employee vacations between June 15 and July 12 for "an exciting Summer Promotional Launch," according to The Boy Genius Report.
The internal email adds "To ensure proper staffing during this period, Sales personnel planning to take approved time off are encouraged to schedule their vacations before June 15 or after July 12 to participate in the heavy selling period."
AT&T issued a similar notice to employees last year prior to the original iPhone launch to help ensure proper staffing during the rollout event and following days.
While a supposed leaked email isn't proof that Apple is preparing to release new iPhone models, it does add to the growing collection of rumors that point to a June launch.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available