You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: America Movil Lands Latin American iPhone Deal
America Movil Lands Latin American iPhone Deal
Thursday, May 8th, 2008 at 8:35 AM - by
America Movil announced on Wednesday that it has partnered with Apple to distribute the iPhone in Latin America before the end of 2008. The news follows Vodafone's announcement from earlier this week that is signed a ten country deal with Apple.
Like Vodafone, America Movil only stated that is has signed a deal, but did not offer any other details.
The French cell carrier Orange also claimed that it is negotiating with Apple to bring the iPhone to Spain and Poland as well as other unspecified countries.
Apple's iPhone is already available in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany and Austria. The company plans to sell 10 million units by the end of 2008.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available