You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Swisscom Bringing iPhone to Switzerland
Swisscom Bringing iPhone to Switzerland
Wednesday, May 14th, 2008 at 8:50 AM - by
The Swiss cell carrier Swisscom joined the ranks of Vodafone, Rogers, SingTel, and America Movil on Wednesday with the announcement that it has signed a deal with Apple to offer the iPhone in Switzerland. Like the carriers in other countries, Swisscom is only saying that the iPhone will be available "later this year."
Various cell carriers over the past few weeks have announced deals with Apple that will bring the iPhone to over 20 new markets around the world. Currently, the iPhone is available in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany and Austria. The company plans to sell 10 million units by the end of 2008.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available