You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Apple TV 2.1 Adds MobileMe Support
Apple TV 2.1 Adds MobileMe Support
Thursday, July 10th, 2008 at 10:45 AM - by
Apple rolled out software update 2.1 for Apple TV on Thursday. The update for the home media center device added support for MobileMe, and also includes several security patches.
The security updates include fixes that prevent attackers from using maliciously crafted movie files to crash applications or run arbitrary code on the Apple TV.
The 2.1 update is available as a free download and is accessible from the Apple TV device. It will appear as part of the regular weekly update cycle, but can be manually installed by selecting Settings > About.
Additional information about Apple TV 2.1 is available at the Apple Support Web site.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available