You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: MobileMe Already Offline
MobileMe Already Offline
Thursday, July 10th, 2008 at 11:45 AM - by
Apple's MobileMe launch on Thursday morning may have been a bit premature. The Mac and iPhone maker began redirecting its MobileMe URL back to the service's promotional Web site only a couple of hours after taking the service online.
MobileMe is Apple's replacement for the .Mac service and adds the ability to push calendar, contact and email updates between multiple computers along with the iPhone and iPod touch.
The rollback to the MobileMe promotional page could be in response to unexpectedly heavy traffic after the Web site went live, or could be an indication that there were unforeseen issues with the service activation.
Once Apple brings MobileMe back online, .Mac subscribers will have full access to the services and will be able to login with their current user name and password. There is no word yet on when MobileMe will likely come back online.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available