You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: Apple Releases Texas Hold Em Client
App Store Spotlight - Apple Releases Texas Hold Em Client
Thursday, July 10th, 2008 at 2:15 PM - by
Apple Inc. released Thursday, of all things, a Texas Hold 'Em poker game for the iPhone titled Texas Hold'em. The title is a simulation game, meaning you aren't playing for real money, but you can play up to nine of your friends over a WiFi network for in-game money.
According to Apple's description, you can switch between an immersive first person or top down perspective by rotating one's iPhone (see the screenshots below), and your virtual opponents will have "secret tells." The game also includes in-game hints, tips, statistics, and player ratings.
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish, and it does require the iPhone 2.0 software update. The game is priced at US$4.99 in the U.S.
Screenshot from Apple's Texas Hold'em, the top-down view
The first-person view fro Apple's Texas Hold'em
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available