You're viewing an article in iPO's historic archive vault. Here, we've preserved the comments and how the site looked along with the article. Use this link to view the article on our current site: iTunes 8: Fine Tune Podcast Settings
TMO Quick Tip - iTunes 8: Fine Tune Podcast Settings
Friday, September 12th, 2008 at 7:30 AM - by
Managing podcasts with iTunes has been pretty much an all-or-nothing deal because it limits you to setting how often new podcast checks happen and how many episodes to keep for all of the podcasts it watches. That changed with the release of iTunes 8 thanks to its new per-podcast settings feature.
To change how many episodes iTunes downloads and keeps for individual podcasts, do this:
- Select Podcasts from the iTunes Library list.
- Select a podcast from your subscriptions, and then click the Settings button.
- Now use the Podcast Settings dialog to adjust how often iTunes checks for new podcast episodes, how many episodes to download when new ones are available, and how many old episodes to keep.
- Click OK when you are done to close the Podcast Settings dialog.
The Settings button lets you control individual podcast downloads.
Change podcast download settings in the Podcast Settings dialog.
The Podcast Settings dialog lets you fine tune settings for individual podcasts, which is really handy when you want to make sure podcasts that update quickly are checked more often than ones that update more slowly.
- Editorial - It's Time for the Promised, Unlocked iPhone 3Gs
- Wal-Mart Employees Confirm iPhone Rumors
- The RIAA vs. 19 Year Old Cancer Patient
- Mac Gaming News - Gameloft Brings Hero of Sparta to the iPhone
- Free on iTunes - Return to the Moon, JPL, Stranger Things And More
- Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available