- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Jason Robert Brown
- The soundtrack to this moving off-broadway musical is heart moving. The lyrics follow a couple in a relationship for five years, one point of view going forward in time, and the other tracing time fr
- Miles Davis
- The jazz album to end all jazz albums. Miles Davis and John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderly and the list goes on. The who's who of who's who in jazz have assembled for this monumental record. Get this
- The second and final album from this power-pop group makes me wish Jellyfish had been able to make just one more record together. The album is best enjoyed as a whole piece, flowing from one track to
- The Damned
- Punk rock is mostly associated with three chords and a bad attitude, but the Damned were one of the few bands of the era bent on bringing musicianship and a good sense of humor to the scene. And while
- Nine Inch Nails
In the sprawling post-A&R rock and roll world, there are two camps: the Beatles and the Stones. The Beatles are the artists that like to explore, evolve, and change styles. The Stones are the artis
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple Sued Over iPod-induced Hearing Loss
Wednesday, February 1st, 2006 at 2:00 PM - by Jeff Gamet
A class action lawsuit against Apple has been filed in U.S. District Court in San Jose claiming that the iPod is responsible for causing hearing loss in the people that use the music player. According to The Mercury News, the complaint states that iPods are "Inherently defective in design and are not sufficiently adorned with adequate warnings regarding the likelihood of hearing loss."
The iPod manuals do, however, have warnings that detail the potential for hearing loss if used inappropriately, including "permanent hearing loss may occur if earphones or headphones are used at high volume."
The ability to cause noise-induced hearing loss isn't any greater in the iPod than any other music player, according to experts. Deanna Meinke, a professor of audiology at the University of Northern Colorado, commented "We have numerous products in the marketplace that have the potential to damage hearing. The risk is there but the risk lies with the user and where they set the volume."
The law suit is seeking compensation for plaintiffs' hearing loss, and to force Apple to modify the iPod to make it safer.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked