- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Bumblebeez 81
Part white rap, part alternative, part pop, and part rock, the Bumblebeez grabbed a hold of me with "Pony Ride," and didn't let go.
This group does a marvelous job of moving seamlessly be
- Brian Eno
- In his first proper solo release since 1996's relatively cold "The Drop," Brian Eno has constructed a whimsical and ecclectic masterpiece which is arguably one of the year's strongest records thus fa
- Harvey Danger
The sophomore effort from Harvey Danger, I was really looking forward to this followup to "Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?" Unfortunately, "King James Version" failed to deliver any of the bri
Go Away White is an album I've been waiting more than 20 years to hear, and the good news is that it was worth the wait. The latest -- and last, no...for real this time -- album from
- The Stooges
Another pillar of my musical foundations, The Stooges' first album is one those records whose influence far outweighed its popularity. Like The Velvet Underground & Nico, hordes of people wh
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Jonathan Ive Wins National Design Award
Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 at 4:00 PM - by Jeff Gamet
Apples senior vice president of industrial design, Jonathan Ive, was awarded a National Design Award by first lady Laura Bush during a special ceremony at the White House on Wednesday. Mr. Ive was recognized for his industrial design contributions to Apple products, and especially the iPod, according to the Washington Post.
"Union of form and function has changed the way we peel potatoes and brush our teeth. Your design has made it more fun to go back in time and play oldies on our iPods," Mrs. Bush said.
Since the iPods release, it has gone from what many saw as an over-priced entry into the portable MP3 player market to the world-dominant leader in the media player field. The iPod is regularly recognized for its user friendly interface and easy to manage form factor.
The iPods success led Apple to release smaller form factor models, including the iPod mini, iPod nano, and iPod shuffle -- all of which bear Mr. Ives touch.
The awards were sponsored by the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, which is a New York-based part of the Smithsonian Institution.
Adobe Systems also received an award for corporate achievement, and San Diego Padres ballpark designer Antoine Predock was honored with a lifetime achievement award.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked