- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
U2's latest entry is a mostly underwhelming collection of songs that does very little to sound any different from its equally pedestrian predecessor, 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind." While
Poe rocked my world with "Angry Johnny" (I want to kill you/I want to blow you/Away) and "Trigger Happy Jack" (Trigger Happy Jack/ You're gonna blow/But I'm gonna get off/Before you go), as powe
- Jeff Wayne
- With the new movie adaptation of H.G Wells' classic Sci Fi invasion tale, War of the Worlds, currently on theater screens everywhere, there's new interest in Jeff Wayne's rock opera version, and it is
- Brian Eno
- In his first proper solo release since 1996's relatively cold "The Drop," Brian Eno has constructed a whimsical and ecclectic masterpiece which is arguably one of the year's strongest records thus fa
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Jonathan Ive Wins National Design Award
Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 at 4:00 PM - by Jeff Gamet
Apples senior vice president of industrial design, Jonathan Ive, was awarded a National Design Award by first lady Laura Bush during a special ceremony at the White House on Wednesday. Mr. Ive was recognized for his industrial design contributions to Apple products, and especially the iPod, according to the Washington Post.
"Union of form and function has changed the way we peel potatoes and brush our teeth. Your design has made it more fun to go back in time and play oldies on our iPods," Mrs. Bush said.
Since the iPods release, it has gone from what many saw as an over-priced entry into the portable MP3 player market to the world-dominant leader in the media player field. The iPod is regularly recognized for its user friendly interface and easy to manage form factor.
The iPods success led Apple to release smaller form factor models, including the iPod mini, iPod nano, and iPod shuffle -- all of which bear Mr. Ives touch.
The awards were sponsored by the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, which is a New York-based part of the Smithsonian Institution.
Adobe Systems also received an award for corporate achievement, and San Diego Padres ballpark designer Antoine Predock was honored with a lifetime achievement award.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked