- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- This record is perhaps U2's finest hour, yet it has been forgotten as a strange by-product of the ZooTV tour's overload, and is generally regarded by most fans as a poor effort. It is this sentiment t
- David Bowie
- It must be a lonely place to be considered David Bowie's worst album by just about everyone, including the artist himself. As the last album before Bowie "rebooted" and formed the band Tin Machine, "N
- Tegan and Sara
So Jealous is the third album from these sisters, and easily the one to single out for an introduction to their music. Some people may not get on board with their vocal styles, which are slightly
- Harvey Danger
The sophomore effort from Harvey Danger, I was really looking forward to this followup to "Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?" Unfortunately, "King James Version" failed to deliver any of the bri
Beck is the modern master of the groove, and Guero is merely the latest example of this. From the opening power chords of "E-Pro," to the Pac-Man cuteness of "Girl," to the dirge-like lullab
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available
Friday, December 5th, 2008 at 4:10 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
Apple is touting some 300 million downloads of iPhone and iPod touch apps at the App Store. At the same time, the number of apps available for download has increased to more than 10,000.
Apple made the announcement via a print ad placed in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, which was first reported by our friends at Macworld.
In the ad, which was promoting apps like games, financial institution apps, news apps, eBay's app, AIM, a Chinese translator, and travel utilities, Apple noted, "The best phone on the nation's fastest 3G network gets even better, with over 10,000 apps from the App Store. iPhone users have already download more than 300 million, in every category from games to business."
It was approximately six weeks ago when Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced that his company had seen 200 million downloads. During Apple's quarterly conference call on October 21st, he said, "We've never seen anything like this in our careers," adding that there were some 5,500 apps available.
Since that time, the apps have almost doubled to 10,000, while downloads have increased to 300 million.
That said, Apple's legal department recently argued that the company's claims in advertising can't reasonably be understood to be fact, so take this particular ad as you will.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked