- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Modern Lovers
This timeless masterpiece is little known, but it has inspired almost as many bands as The Modern Lovers' own inspiration -- and only slightly better known -- The Velvet Underground & Nico.
- Prefuse 73
- It's an album about a breakup, done with beats instead of mopey lyrics. But the beats are raw, and the emotions are there, even if there aren't many words on top of it. While possibly not Scott Herren
- Nine Inch Nails
In the sprawling post-A&R rock and roll world, there are two camps: the Beatles and the Stones. The Beatles are the artists that like to explore, evolve, and change styles. The Stones are the artis
- The Who
Quadrophenia is everything that Tommy wanted to be, a rock opera that told a story, but one where every song could still stand alone. It was also Pete Townshend's farewell tribute to the Mod
- Brian Eno
- In his first proper solo release since 1996's relatively cold "The Drop," Brian Eno has constructed a whimsical and ecclectic masterpiece which is arguably one of the year's strongest records thus fa
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple Claims 300 Million App Store Downloads, 10,000 Apps Available
Friday, December 5th, 2008 at 4:10 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
Apple is touting some 300 million downloads of iPhone and iPod touch apps at the App Store. At the same time, the number of apps available for download has increased to more than 10,000.
Apple made the announcement via a print ad placed in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, which was first reported by our friends at Macworld.
In the ad, which was promoting apps like games, financial institution apps, news apps, eBay's app, AIM, a Chinese translator, and travel utilities, Apple noted, "The best phone on the nation's fastest 3G network gets even better, with over 10,000 apps from the App Store. iPhone users have already download more than 300 million, in every category from games to business."
It was approximately six weeks ago when Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced that his company had seen 200 million downloads. During Apple's quarterly conference call on October 21st, he said, "We've never seen anything like this in our careers," adding that there were some 5,500 apps available.
Since that time, the apps have almost doubled to 10,000, while downloads have increased to 300 million.
That said, Apple's legal department recently argued that the company's claims in advertising can't reasonably be understood to be fact, so take this particular ad as you will.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked