- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- The Stooges
Another pillar of my musical foundations, The Stooges' first album is one those records whose influence far outweighed its popularity. Like The Velvet Underground & Nico, hordes of people wh
- The Dresden Dolls
The energetic duet of Amanda Palmer and Brian Viglione that make up the Dresden Dolls have created a wonderfully haunting sound in their self-titled album. They have been able to construct an imme
- Jason Robert Brown
- The soundtrack to this moving off-broadway musical is heart moving. The lyrics follow a couple in a relationship for five years, one point of view going forward in time, and the other tracing time fr
- Jesus Jones
When you think of Jesus Jones, chances are you can't remember them at all, or you vaguely remember "Right Here, Right Now" because it has been use
- In the long series of R.E.M.'s evolution, this album (finally?) showcases their ability to capture on tape what had been happening in the live for years: heartfelt, sweat-filled performances that just
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple (Finally) Adds MMS Texting to iPhone
Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 at 3:31 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
Apple (finally) announced Tuesday support for MMS texting in its iPhone platform, a feature that will be rolled out in iPhone Software 3.0. The company made the announcement at a media event in Cupertino.
MMS texting stands for Multimedia Messaging Service, an industry standard that basically means you can include images, video, Rich Text, and audio in a text message sent between cell phones. This feature has been available sine 2002 in some parts of the world (later in the U.S.), but its absence from the otherwise-most-advanced cell phone on the planet has long been decried by MMS fans.
That will change with iPhone Software 3.0, when Apple adds the ability to send and receive photos, contacts, audio files and locations with the Messages app within iPhone. The feature will only be available on the iPhone 3G (Apple said that the feature taps hardware not included in the original iPhone), and Apple added the caveat that it may not be available in all areas.
iPhone Software 3.0 will be available in the Summer of 2009, and will be free to iPhone users. As with other iPhone Software updates, iPod touch users will be required to purchase the upgrade, this one at a price of US$9.95.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked