- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Revolting Cocks
It's hard to believe it's been more than a decade since Ministry founder and front man Al Jourgensen's side project Revolting Cocks released any new material. 2006 brings us Cocked and Loaded
- Pink Floyd
- Okay, someone had to say it, and though others on the iPO staff are more qualified to review this album, I decided the time was now. This is the quintessential concept album. Though others came before
Pressure Chief, Cake's latest album, didn't immediately grab me. In fact, it took perhaps half a dozen listens before I started truly enjoying it. Any
- Depeche Mode
Oddly enough, Playing The Angel is a return to form for Depeche Mode, even though it may well be argued that they never truly deviated from their roots in their more recent offerings. In the
U2's latest entry is a mostly underwhelming collection of songs that does very little to sound any different from its equally pedestrian predecessor, 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind." While
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple (Finally) Adds MMS Texting to iPhone
Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 at 3:31 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
Apple (finally) announced Tuesday support for MMS texting in its iPhone platform, a feature that will be rolled out in iPhone Software 3.0. The company made the announcement at a media event in Cupertino.
MMS texting stands for Multimedia Messaging Service, an industry standard that basically means you can include images, video, Rich Text, and audio in a text message sent between cell phones. This feature has been available sine 2002 in some parts of the world (later in the U.S.), but its absence from the otherwise-most-advanced cell phone on the planet has long been decried by MMS fans.
That will change with iPhone Software 3.0, when Apple adds the ability to send and receive photos, contacts, audio files and locations with the Messages app within iPhone. The feature will only be available on the iPhone 3G (Apple said that the feature taps hardware not included in the original iPhone), and Apple added the caveat that it may not be available in all areas.
iPhone Software 3.0 will be available in the Summer of 2009, and will be free to iPhone users. As with other iPhone Software updates, iPod touch users will be required to purchase the upgrade, this one at a price of US$9.95.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked