- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- The Strokes
The Strokes set the music world on fire with this 2001 album, with headlines declaring that the New York band was here to save Rock and Roll. While the band hasn't made as much of a splash since t
- Pink Floyd
- Okay, someone had to say it, and though others on the iPO staff are more qualified to review this album, I decided the time was now. This is the quintessential concept album. Though others came before
- Arctic Monkeys
Get on your dancing shoes
You sexy little swine
Go Away White is an album I've been waiting more than 20 years to hear, and the good news is that it was worth the wait. The latest -- and last, no...for real this time -- album from
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Scosche kickBACK iPhone case
Thursday, November 27th, 2008 at 8:30 AM - by TMO Staff
In the past if I wanted to watch video on my iPhone on a plane, I would either have to hold the phone in my hand the whole time or lean it precariously against a book or other object on my tray table. Neither option was particularly appealing. Well I've been doing a bit of air travel this month and I've found the Scosche kickBACK iPhone case to be nearly perfect for seatback tray tables in coach.
Here's a cool feature: It not only includes the back with a retractable kickstand for easy video viewing as shown above, it also includes a second, smooth back for times when a kickstand isn't necessary, as shown below.
This clear case is fabricated from clear high-impact polycarbonate and comes with three sets of interchangeable rubber bumpers -- shown in pink in the first photo, clear in the second photo, and black in the picture below -- a nice touch.
For what it's worth, the kickstand is unobtrusive and flush with the case when not in use so it slides easily in and out of your pocket.
Other extras include a laminated screen cover, cleaning cloth, and since the front and back snap together quite securely, there's also a polycarbonate key for easily separating the front and back.
The kickBACK case provides excellent protection for your iPhone and its screen, and the switchable backs are a great option if you watch a lot of video on your iPhone. About the only drawback I can think of is that the polycarbonate is too thick to allow its use with most docks.
The Bottom Line
Sturdy and secure, the kickBACK case is a great choice if you like to watch wide-screen video on your iPhone and not hold it in your hand the whole time.
Just The Facts
Two backs (one with kickstand), very good iPhone and screen protection, interchangeable bumpers.
Too thick to use in most docks.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked