- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
For those of you who don't know, Chicago didn't always suck, and everyone in the band didn't always play a keyboard. When the band started off they were pioneers of rock and jazz fusion, and guita
- Alanis Morissette
- Ten years after the original release, comes the traditional celebratory acoustic re-recording. The album has held up remarkably well. While it is not as meaningful to me as it was when I was sixteen,
- Death Cab for Cutie
With the introduction of Plans, Death Cab for Cutie became a new addition to many user's Artist list after the single "Soul Meets Body" became a hit on iTunes. Offering a fresh alternativ
- Boards of Canada
- This one will haunt you. From the first notes to the last, their sound surrounds you. BOC has put out a fantastic catalogue, and this album is a great starting point for a new listener. Jump straight
- Nine Inch Nails
In the sprawling post-A&R rock and roll world, there are two camps: the Beatles and the Stones. The Beatles are the artists that like to explore, evolve, and change styles. The Stones are the artis
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
App Store Downloads Top 1.5 Billion
Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 at 9:30 AM - by Jeff Gamet
Apple announced on Tuesday that over 1.5 billion applications have been downloaded from the App Store in the past 12 months. The store served up its first billion downloads in April, and managed to ramp up the pace and dole out another half billion in the past three months.
"The App Store is like nothing the industry has ever seen before in both scale and quality," commented Apple CEO Steve Jobs. "With 1.5 billion apps downloaded, it is going to be very hard for others to catch up."
According to Apple, over 65,000 applications are available for the iPhone and iPod touch at its iTunes-based App Store.
Thanks to the increased number of downloads in the past three months, Apple is averaging about 4.1 million downloads a day since the online store opened. In comparison, that daily average was about 3.4 million in April.
So far, Apple has sold more that 40 million iPhone and iPod touch units, all of which are capable of taking advantage of the App Store. As more new users come on board thanks to the recently released iPhone 3GS and the US$99 iPhone 3G, the number of app downloads per day will likely increase even more.
The company isn't saying, however, how many of those downloads are first-time downloads, duplicate downloads by the same user, or app updates. Regardless of whether or not there are any duplicate downloads in the tally, Apple seems to be able to serve up iPhone and iPod touch applications about as fast as some fast food establishments dole out hamburgers.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked