- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Billy Miles
- Take the voice of a young Billie Holiday and stuff it into a svelte, petite body with the face of an angel, and you have some idea of what it's like to experience the music of Billy Miles in her self-
- Miles Davis
- The jazz album to end all jazz albums. Miles Davis and John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderly and the list goes on. The who's who of who's who in jazz have assembled for this monumental record. Get this
- Pink Floyd
- Okay, someone had to say it, and though others on the iPO staff are more qualified to review this album, I decided the time was now. This is the quintessential concept album. Though others came before
- In the long series of R.E.M.'s evolution, this album (finally?) showcases their ability to capture on tape what had been happening in the live for years: heartfelt, sweat-filled performances that just
- Guitar-driven rock out of Australia, Powderfinger has not seen much exposure in the States, but should get a nod for their toe-tapping songs. Building off their previous release, "Internationalist" (
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
App Store Downloads Top 1.5 Billion
Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 at 9:30 AM - by Jeff Gamet
Apple announced on Tuesday that over 1.5 billion applications have been downloaded from the App Store in the past 12 months. The store served up its first billion downloads in April, and managed to ramp up the pace and dole out another half billion in the past three months.
"The App Store is like nothing the industry has ever seen before in both scale and quality," commented Apple CEO Steve Jobs. "With 1.5 billion apps downloaded, it is going to be very hard for others to catch up."
According to Apple, over 65,000 applications are available for the iPhone and iPod touch at its iTunes-based App Store.
Thanks to the increased number of downloads in the past three months, Apple is averaging about 4.1 million downloads a day since the online store opened. In comparison, that daily average was about 3.4 million in April.
So far, Apple has sold more that 40 million iPhone and iPod touch units, all of which are capable of taking advantage of the App Store. As more new users come on board thanks to the recently released iPhone 3GS and the US$99 iPhone 3G, the number of app downloads per day will likely increase even more.
The company isn't saying, however, how many of those downloads are first-time downloads, duplicate downloads by the same user, or app updates. Regardless of whether or not there are any duplicate downloads in the tally, Apple seems to be able to serve up iPhone and iPod touch applications about as fast as some fast food establishments dole out hamburgers.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked