- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
Go Away White is an album I've been waiting more than 20 years to hear, and the good news is that it was worth the wait. The latest -- and last, no...for real this time -- album from
- The Dresden Dolls
The energetic duet of Amanda Palmer and Brian Viglione that make up the Dresden Dolls have created a wonderfully haunting sound in their self-titled album. They have been able to construct an imme
- Harvey Danger
The sophomore effort from Harvey Danger, I was really looking forward to this followup to "Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?" Unfortunately, "King James Version" failed to deliver any of the bri
- Death Cab for Cutie
With the introduction of Plans, Death Cab for Cutie became a new addition to many user's Artist list after the single "Soul Meets Body" became a hit on iTunes. Offering a fresh alternativ
- This record is perhaps U2's finest hour, yet it has been forgotten as a strange by-product of the ZooTV tour's overload, and is generally regarded by most fans as a poor effort. It is this sentiment t
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple Introduces iPhone 3G S [Updated]
Monday, June 8th, 2009 at 2:47 PM - by Jeff Gamet
Apple introduced the iPhone 3G S during its World Wide Developer Conference keynote presentation on Monday. The new iPhone model maintains the same form factor as the current iPhone 3G, but offers faster performance and a 3 megapixel digital camera.
The iPhone 3G S camera can capture video, supports auto-focus, offers white balance adjustment, and auto-macro support for close-up shots, too. Users can tap on objects to tell the camera what to focus on, crop captured video.
Apple's iPhone 3G S
According to Apple's Phil Schiller, the "S" in iPhone 3G S stands for "speed," and he claims the new model loads applications and Web pages between two and three times faster than the current iPhone 3G.
The iPhone 3G S is 7.2 Mbps HSDPA-ready, which means users can take advantage of faster data transmission speeds once AT&T completes its 3G network upgrades.
The iPhone finally gets voice control support, too. The 3G S model will let users hold down the phone's Home button for a few seconds, then displays a wave form to indicate it is ready to accept voice commands. It will support dialing phone numbers, play music, and more.
As expected, the iPhone 3G S includes a built-in digital compass that shows which direction you are headed and rotates when you change direction. It supports true north and magnetic north orientation, and automatically orients Google maps to the direction you are facing.
The iPhone 3G S adds Nike+iPod support, too. Users will need to purchase the Nike+iPod sensor (US$19) for their shoe, and their iPhone will automatically pair with it.
Visually impaired iPhone users can take advantage of the new VoiceOver feature that speaks what appears on the combination iPod and smart phone's display, the new Universal Zoom feature that magnifies the screen, and the new White on Black feature that offers high contrast. iPhone 3G S also offers mono audio support to force stereo audio into mono for users with limited or no hearing in one ear.
Battery life for the new iPhone clocks in at nine hours Web surfing, five hours for talking on the 3G network, and 12 hours talk time on 2G networks.
iPhone 3GS will be priced at US$199 for a 16GB model, and $299 for a 32GB model. The current iPhone 3G 8GB model dropped to $99 today, and will continue to be available as a "more affordable" model.
For buyers that don't qualify for upgrade pricing, however, "affordable" is a term that doesn't apply. The 16GB iPhone 3G S will cost $599 without subsidies, and the 32GB model will cost $699. The 8GB iPhone 3G will set shoppers back $499.
The new iPhone 3G S will be available on June 19 in the U.S., the U.K., Canada, France, Italy, and Spain.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked