- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Boards of Canada
- This one will haunt you. From the first notes to the last, their sound surrounds you. BOC has put out a fantastic catalogue, and this album is a great starting point for a new listener. Jump straight
- Brian Eno
- In his first proper solo release since 1996's relatively cold "The Drop," Brian Eno has constructed a whimsical and ecclectic masterpiece which is arguably one of the year's strongest records thus fa
- Bumblebeez 81
Part white rap, part alternative, part pop, and part rock, the Bumblebeez grabbed a hold of me with "Pony Ride," and didn't let go.
This group does a marvelous job of moving seamlessly be
Poe rocked my world with "Angry Johnny" (I want to kill you/I want to blow you/Away) and "Trigger Happy Jack" (Trigger Happy Jack/ You're gonna blow/But I'm gonna get off/Before you go), as powe
- Death Cab for Cutie
With the introduction of Plans, Death Cab for Cutie became a new addition to many user's Artist list after the single "Soul Meets Body" became a hit on iTunes. Offering a fresh alternativ
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple to Support EU Micro-USB Standard for iPhone
Monday, June 29th, 2009 at 11:32 AM - by Jeff Gamet
Apple, along with several other cell phone makers, has agreed to support the micro-USB standard the European Union is pushing for smartphone chargers. The standardized connector will let smartphone owners charge their handheld without worrying about compatibility issues if they need to use chargers that didn't ship with their phone.
According to Reuters, Motorola, LG, RIM, Samsung, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments and NEC have all agreed to adopt micro-USB. The transition to micro-USB means that 90 percent of the EU smartphone market will be able to share standardized chargers.
The chargers will be compatible with data-enabled phones, meaning basic cell phones that support voice calls and SMS won't be able to use them.
The initial batches of micro-USB ready phones will include chargers, but eventually the phones and chargers will be sold as separate items. That shouldn't be an issue, since users can continue to rely on the same charger even if they switch to a different smartphone.
The chargers will, however, be compatible only with European phones -- at least at first. EU Industry Commissioner Guenter Verheugen commented "We're assuming this new European initiative will have a knock-on effect globally and manufacturers won't just be doing this on the European market."
If so, switching to standardized chargers could help reduce thousands of tons of waste each year.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked