- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Guitar-driven rock out of Australia, Powderfinger has not seen much exposure in the States, but should get a nod for their toe-tapping songs. Building off their previous release, "Internationalist" (
- Arctic Monkeys
Get on your dancing shoes
You sexy little swine
- Brother Love
- Killer grooves, catchy riffs, edgy vocals with oh-so-just-right layered harmonies, and a drive that will move even YOU out of your chair, Brother Love's initial release is what rock and roll should be
- Tegan and Sara
So Jealous is the third album from these sisters, and easily the one to single out for an introduction to their music. Some people may not get on board with their vocal styles, which are slightly
- Weather Report
- This is Weather Reports quintessential line-up captured live. Jaco Pastorious and Peter Erskine join Wayne Shorter and, of course, Joe Zawinul to create this masterpiece.
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
AT&T to Offer No-Commitment iPhones Starting March 26 [UPDATED 4:05 EDT 3/19/09]
Beginning next Thursday, March 26, AT&T will begin selling 8GB and 16GB iPhones at the no-commitment pricing of US$599 and $699, respectively, without the need to activate the device and sign a two-year contract at the point of sale.
According to The Boy Genius Report, which obtained copies of materials distributed by AT&T at a training meeting, there's a "one per line" limit, "which makes us think you'll need an active AT&T line to purchase an iPhone (AT&T stores typically don't sell you no-contract phones unless you provide them with an active line of yours)," the site speculated. They added: "But the presentation also says that they basically have no way of tracking this."
The presentation materials posted at the site explicitly state that a two-year contract is not required, although they do say that an AT&T data plan is needed, and an activation fee will be charged.
iPodObserver.com spoke with Mark Siegel, AT&T's executive director of media and analyst relations, who confirmed this information and noted that buyers will be able to activate the handsets in the store or via iTunes when they get home. Of course, without activation, the iPhone essentially works like an iPod touch with a built-in camera. Mr. Siegel did say, however, that there is no early termination fee, since no contract is required. He also wasn't sure if the unsubsidized iPhones will be available at Apple stores.
[4:05 PM EDT, 3/19/09: Updated to reflect new information regarding activation options.]
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked