- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
Black Sabbath, The White Stripes, The Stooges. There aren't many bands worth their salt that want to be compared to other bands, but when I listen to Wolfmother's self-titled American debut, I can
- Billy Miles
- Take the voice of a young Billie Holiday and stuff it into a svelte, petite body with the face of an angel, and you have some idea of what it's like to experience the music of Billy Miles in her self-
- Asylum Street Spankers
The Asylum Street Spankers are...well...The Spankers. Hailing from Austin, where I saw them live dozens of times, the band played entirely acousti
- Revolting Cocks
It's hard to believe it's been more than a decade since Ministry founder and front man Al Jourgensen's side project Revolting Cocks released any new material. 2006 brings us Cocked and Loaded
- Jason Robert Brown
- The soundtrack to this moving off-broadway musical is heart moving. The lyrics follow a couple in a relationship for five years, one point of view going forward in time, and the other tracing time fr
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
AT&T to Offer No-Commitment iPhones Starting March 26 [UPDATED 4:05 EDT 3/19/09]
Beginning next Thursday, March 26, AT&T will begin selling 8GB and 16GB iPhones at the no-commitment pricing of US$599 and $699, respectively, without the need to activate the device and sign a two-year contract at the point of sale.
According to The Boy Genius Report, which obtained copies of materials distributed by AT&T at a training meeting, there's a "one per line" limit, "which makes us think you'll need an active AT&T line to purchase an iPhone (AT&T stores typically don't sell you no-contract phones unless you provide them with an active line of yours)," the site speculated. They added: "But the presentation also says that they basically have no way of tracking this."
The presentation materials posted at the site explicitly state that a two-year contract is not required, although they do say that an AT&T data plan is needed, and an activation fee will be charged.
iPodObserver.com spoke with Mark Siegel, AT&T's executive director of media and analyst relations, who confirmed this information and noted that buyers will be able to activate the handsets in the store or via iTunes when they get home. Of course, without activation, the iPhone essentially works like an iPod touch with a built-in camera. Mr. Siegel did say, however, that there is no early termination fee, since no contract is required. He also wasn't sure if the unsubsidized iPhones will be available at Apple stores.
[4:05 PM EDT, 3/19/09: Updated to reflect new information regarding activation options.]
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked