- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Mel Tormï¿½ & George Shearing
- Of the three men who taught me how to sing, the last was Mel Torme. Apparently, Mel Torme is a joke to anyone more than a decade older than me, a living parody of a Vegas crooner. But I stumbled on th
- Led Zeppelin
- This album bears every flavor of genius from the five records that came before. It is, I believe, the band's finest. With Physical Graffiti, Zep came raging back to their musical home territory -- har
- Guitar-driven rock out of Australia, Powderfinger has not seen much exposure in the States, but should get a nod for their toe-tapping songs. Building off their previous release, "Internationalist" (
- Revolting Cocks
It's hard to believe it's been more than a decade since Ministry founder and front man Al Jourgensen's side project Revolting Cocks released any new material. 2006 brings us Cocked and Loaded
- Belle & Sebastian
The Life Pursuit is a sort of Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. You get Belle & Sebastian's peanut butter (its wistful, often irresistible pop) dipped in a 'Have A Nice Day!' and glam 70s chocol
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
China Deal Could Push 2.9M iPhones in 2011
Thursday, August 27th, 2009 at 9:15 AM - by Jeff Gamet
The iPhone's already popular status in the smartphone market could see a substantial boost once Apple wraps up negotiations with China's cell service providers. Sandford C. Bernstein & Co analyst Tony Sacconaghi estimated Apple could sell some 2.9 million handsets in the country by the end of 2011, according to the Wall Street Journal.
"Ultimately, it will probably be the fastest-growing overseas market," Mr. Sacconaghi said.
Apple is apparently getting closer to a deal with China Unicom. The cell carrier reportedly agreed to buy five million iPhones from Apple and will get a five-year exclusive deal, although neither company has officially announced an agreement. Apple is also working to resolve a Chinese government requirement prohibiting Wi-Fi support.
Unofficial reports claim China Unicom is preparing for an October iPhone launch. If so, Apple could see iPhone sales climb even higher before the end of the year.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked