- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- David Bowie
- It must be a lonely place to be considered David Bowie's worst album by just about everyone, including the artist himself. As the last album before Bowie "rebooted" and formed the band Tin Machine, "N
- Revolting Cocks
It's hard to believe it's been more than a decade since Ministry founder and front man Al Jourgensen's side project Revolting Cocks released any new material. 2006 brings us Cocked and Loaded
- Aretha Franklin
While she didn't always have the best taste in song selection, Aretha Franklin is a must-study for anyone with interest in the human voice. She has the kind of powerful, recklessly passionate deliv
- Barenaked Ladies
- These guys know how to put on a live show, and whomever recorded this knows how to capture one. Rock Spectacle is one of the warmest-sounding recordings I've ever heard, and totally fills a room at a
- Various Artists
Most musical episodes of TV shows frankly stink. They are usually little more than ill-conceived vehicles intended to let the stars show off what musical talent they have. Once More, With Feeling,
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
iPO Quick Tip
iPhone: Backing Up the Important Stuff
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 at 4:00 PM - by Jeff Gamet
Connecting your iPhone to your Mac or PC automatically backs up the information on your handheld, which can be a real life saver if you have to replace it. Restoring that info to a different iPhone is just as easy, but only if you really do have all of the data safe and sound on your computer. In other words, backup your iPhone backup.
Mac users can find their iPhone data backup at Users/Your Home Directory/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup. Windows users should look in C:\\Documents and Settings\\Your User Name\\Application Data\\Apple Computer\\SyncServices\\Local. For example, my user name is Jeff, so I would navigate to Users/Jeff/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup on my MacBook Pro. Make sure to backup the data in those directories regularly so you know your important iPhone data is available in case of catastrophe -- meaning you lose both your iPhone and your computer.
Also, be sure to keep track of your email account passwords, wireless network passwords, and the password for your voicemail. Youll have to reenter those because they arent included in your backups.
Restoring the data is simply a matter of connecting your iPhone to your computer. iTunes will ask if you want to restore your data or set up your iPhone as a new phone. Make sure you select the restore option and then click Continue.
iTunes offers to restore your iPhone data
iTunes will alert you once the data has been restored, and it will also warn you to leave your iPhone connected to your computer. Your iPhone will automatically appear in the iTunes source list after it finishes restarting.
Leave your iPhone connected after the restore completes
Keeping track of my passwords and backup data saved my digital bacon recently when my iPhone was replaced under warranty. The fine crew at the FlatIron Crossing Apple Store swapped me for a new iPhone to replace the defective one I walked in with, and I would have been out of luck had I not made sure that all of my data and settings were safely tucked away on my Mac.<!--#include virtual="/includes/newsite/series/quicktip.shtml"-->
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked