- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Joe Williams
- Joe Williams was Figure Two in my three-man education in singing. A brilliant vocalist, scatter, and interpreter of jazz and blues, Williams produces music that's totally unique, yet sounds so effortl
- Barenaked Ladies
- These guys know how to put on a live show, and whomever recorded this knows how to capture one. Rock Spectacle is one of the warmest-sounding recordings I've ever heard, and totally fills a room at a
Go Away White is an album I've been waiting more than 20 years to hear, and the good news is that it was worth the wait. The latest -- and last, no...for real this time -- album from
- Death Cab for Cutie
With the introduction of Plans, Death Cab for Cutie became a new addition to many user's Artist list after the single "Soul Meets Body" became a hit on iTunes. Offering a fresh alternativ
- Ray LaMontagne
At first, Ray LaMontagne might strike you as just another breathy-voiced knockoff of folk/rock guitarists like John Mayer and Jack Johnson. But he's actually got a better voice than either, he tell
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Throw Your iPhone In the Air, Measure It with HangTime
Friday, June 19th, 2009 at 12:37 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
Now that you have your new iPhone 3G S, you probably can't wait to throw it in the air, and now there's an app from Marigo Holdings, LLC that help you measure the hang time of that throw. Called HangTime, this app will measure yours using data from the iPhone's built-in accelerometer.
Some fun fact's from the company's Scores page: A total of 13 iPhones have been tossed and measured with HangTime, which was just approved today, the same day the iPhone 3G S was released. These iPhones have been thrown 1,504 times for a cumulative hang time of 492.01 seconds.
Cumulative Scores data as of this writing.
The longest hang time recorded is 3.72 seconds by one Dave Hufnagel, more than 50% longer than #2 Einar G. Ristroph's 2.25 seconds.
Another fun fact, or at least an interesting fact, is that it took eight months for the app to be approved, even though a tester at Apple tested the app back in October of 2008. The company said in a statement that it had given up and moved on to new iPhone-related projects some time ago after receiving several notices that HangTime was "requiring unexpected additional time for review."
The developers wrote, "Additional time? 3-4 weeks is additional time. 8 months of waiting is AppStore hell."
Be that as it may, the app is live now on the App Store for US$.99.
For the record, neither The Mac Observer nor iPodObserver.com, neither its staff nor TMO Inc.'s corporate officers -- nor even our very own mothers -- recommend you actually throw your iPhone up in the air.
We do, however, encourage you to marvel and delight at those who do through HangTime's Scores feature.
In its announcement, the developers said that the phone that set the #2 record hang time later broke when a friend, "stupidly tried beating the record by throwing my phone high over a swimming pool in a water-proof pack. Turns out he didn't account for the surface tension of water. I am now on my second iPhone."
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked