- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Brother Love
- Killer grooves, catchy riffs, edgy vocals with oh-so-just-right layered harmonies, and a drive that will move even YOU out of your chair, Brother Love's initial release is what rock and roll should be
- Billy Miles
- Take the voice of a young Billie Holiday and stuff it into a svelte, petite body with the face of an angel, and you have some idea of what it's like to experience the music of Billy Miles in her self-
- Death Cab for Cutie
With the introduction of Plans, Death Cab for Cutie became a new addition to many user's Artist list after the single "Soul Meets Body" became a hit on iTunes. Offering a fresh alternativ
- Led Zeppelin
- This album bears every flavor of genius from the five records that came before. It is, I believe, the band's finest. With Physical Graffiti, Zep came raging back to their musical home territory -- har
- Modern Lovers
This timeless masterpiece is little known, but it has inspired almost as many bands as The Modern Lovers' own inspiration -- and only slightly better known -- The Velvet Underground & Nico.
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Friday, July 27th, 2007 at 9:00 AM - by Bob LeVitus
iKaraoke TunePrompter is a new free program from Griffin Technology for Mac or PC that lets you create your own surprisingly good karaoke videos quickly and easily.
You start by importing your favorite song. Then you type (or paste) in the song's lyrics (TunePrompter can even help you find them online). Then all you do is tap the spacebar at the beginning of each word in the song to sync the lyrics and music. The taps are shown on a timeline and you can drag them around to your heart's content, tweaking the synchronization until every syllable is exactly the way you want it.
Here's what it looks like after you've tapped:
You can import a picture and use it as a background as I've done in the picture above, or have the lyrics appear against a colored background if you prefer. You can specify the background color, as well as the font, font size, font color, font highlight color, and opacity of the background as shown here:
Preview and adjust the timings until you're satisfied, then export the video as a QuickTime movie. When you view the movie, the lyrics are animated on screen in color, just like real karaoke.
And here's what the finished product looks like:
The only complaint I had is that the program crashed a couple of times when I was trying to save a half-finished project. I hate when that happens but it only happened twice in a couple of hours of testing. Even though the program is free, caveat emptor.
The Bottom Line
iKaraoke TunePrompter is fun and easy to use, clever, cute, and free. How can you not like that?
Just The Facts
Pros:Free, excellent results, easy to use, fun.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked