- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Nine Inch Nails
In the sprawling post-A&R rock and roll world, there are two camps: the Beatles and the Stones. The Beatles are the artists that like to explore, evolve, and change styles. The Stones are the artis
- Barenaked Ladies
- These guys know how to put on a live show, and whomever recorded this knows how to capture one. Rock Spectacle is one of the warmest-sounding recordings I've ever heard, and totally fills a room at a
Go Away White is an album I've been waiting more than 20 years to hear, and the good news is that it was worth the wait. The latest -- and last, no...for real this time -- album from
- Asylum Street Spankers
The Asylum Street Spankers are...well...The Spankers. Hailing from Austin, where I saw them live dozens of times, the band played entirely acousti
Pressure Chief, Cake's latest album, didn't immediately grab me. In fact, it took perhaps half a dozen listens before I started truly enjoying it. Any
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
Apple Announces Peer-to-Peer Connectivity for iPhone App
Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 at 2:16 PM - by Bryan Chaffin
Apple announced Tuesday that iPhone Software 3.0 will include the ability for two iPhones or iPod touches to connect directly to other iPhones/iPod touches running the same app. This feature will allow games to offer head-to-head gameplay, or allow to users to quickly exchange contact information.
"With the new APIs, you can bring up a standard system panel which finds other touches or iPhones which are in the same app," Apple executive Scott Forstall said, according to an Engadget report. "You form an IP connection, and you can game together. This will automatically discover running apps, wirelessly over Blutetooth."
The technology is based on Bonjour, the network discovery platform built into Mac OS X and (iPhone runs on a tailored version of Mac OS X called simply OS X), and users will be able to discover each other other through a system panel.
As alluded to above, the API will be open to any application, not just games, though initially we are likely to see an explosion of games offering the feature.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked