- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App from Ginger Labs, Inc, US$0.99
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful from Scosche, US$129.99
- IPEVO’s Typi Folio Case & Keyboard for iPad is First-rate from IPEVO, US$79.99
- Scosche’s boomSTREAM BT Speaker: Features & Compromises from Scosche, US$99.95
- FX Photo Studio HD: iPad Painting of Effects Made Easy from MacPhun LLC, US1.99
- Massive Attack
"Black Milk" knocks me off my feet in this collection of moody and eclectic songs. Massive Attack uses samples and keyboards in a very unique way, but not all the songs pack the same punch.
- The Strokes
The Strokes set the music world on fire with this 2001 album, with headlines declaring that the New York band was here to save Rock and Roll. While the band hasn't made as much of a splash since t
- Jesus Jones
When you think of Jesus Jones, chances are you can't remember them at all, or you vaguely remember "Right Here, Right Now" because it has been use
- Mystics Anonymous
- Mystics Anonymous is the brainchild project of Jeff Steblea, a fantastic songwriter and good friend of mine, as well. In fact, I even played the drums on all but one of the tracks on this album. Jef
- Nine Inch Nails
- For years I wanted to make music that sounded like something between Love and Rockets and Ministry. In 1989, Trent Reznor beat me to it with this genre-defining album, and it smacked me upside the hea
Visit Deals On The Web for the best deals on all consumer electronics, iPods, and more!
iFrogz Luxe iPhone 3G Case
Sunday, November 9th, 2008 at 7:00 AM - by Bob LeVitus
I have several dozen iPhone and iPod cases in my office waiting to be reviewed, so I change my iPhone case more often than many people change shirts. I've tested a lot of good ones and a couple of bad ones, but the iFrogz Luxe is the only one I liked so much I bought a second one (retail) so I could have this terrific case in more than one color.
Allow me to digress for a moment... If I had my druthers I'd cover my iPhone with invisibleSHIELD or BodyGuardz and not use a case at all. I'm pretty careful with my iPhone so I don't worry much about dropping it or smashing it into something. I like to carry it in the front pocket of shorts or slacks or the in the breast pocket of my shirt so the thin, tough protection of invisibleSHIELD or BodyGuardz is all I really want or need. That said, being the Reviews Director here at the iPod Observer I need to be able to easily slide my iPhone in and out of several cases a week, a day or even an hour. And unfortunately, if a device has invisibleSHIELD or BodyGuardz applied to it, it can be quite difficult to insert or remove from many cases.
Since I can't use invisibleSHIELD or BodyGuardz for the aforementioned reason, my personal criteria for an iPhone case is that it must be as thin, light in weight, and protect as much of my iPhone as possible from scratches and scuffs. And, although the iPhone screen is amazingly scratch-resistant without any protection, I feel better when it's covered with a thin layer of something, so I prefer cases that include some type of screen protection over those that don't.
With that criteria in mind, the iFrogz Luxe case is just right for my needs. Its hard shell plastic case is among the thinnest I've seen, the metallic colors are absolutely stunning, it includes a screen protector, and the whole case has a velvety soft-touch finish that feels great.
The pictures above are good but don't do justice; in real life the Luxe cases are much prettier. The case is available in the six colors shown below, but again, the actual cases look far better and the colors are much more vibrant and deeply saturated.
I get comments all the time when I'm using the Luxe case. Everyone wants to know where to get one. Several friends and acquaintances (as well as my son) have bought Luxe cases and so far not a single one has been disappointed.
The Bottom Line
I like everything about this case and at $19.99 it's a bargain.
Just The Facts
Beautiful, soft-touch finish feels great, thin, light in weight.
Possibly less impact protection than some cases.
- Reading, Writing, & Saving the World
- Free Retro Gaming for iOS - Activision’s Kaboom!
- Apple Adds Chomp Bits to iOS 6 App Store Discovery
- Notability For iPad: Much More Than A Note Taking App
- Scosche’s RH656m Headphones With Microphone Are Wonderful
- Tim Cook & Larry Page Reportedly Discuss Patents
- Analysis: Amazon Kindle Fire Sold Out, Kindle Fire 2 Pic Leaked